Monday, June 6, 2011

New blog!

Hey everyone!

If you're reading this, you probably got here from my main blog, Rock Journalism. This new project is an attempt to get back into blogging regularly. I find writing to be a wonderful creative outlet and a way to release tension and stress.

I have several other themed blogs, a Twitter account, several random Tumblrs, Facebook...the list goes on and on.

However, I thought about it, and I decided that all of these outlets were either too general, too specific or too uncensored for what I want. What I want is a way to chronicle what I hope will be my final year as an undergraduate at the University of Oregon (I love you UO, but I can't afford this relationship for much longer.)

Hopefully, this will be a good way to do that. I do have a steady work schedule this summer with a job that's almost full time. However, although you might look at that and ask, "Now how the hell are you going to have the time or energy to do all that and blog?"

The answer, my friends, is this. Unlike last summer, which basically consisted of me fruitlessly searching for a job, then staying up until 7 a.m., then sleeping until 5 p.m., working will pretty much force me to stick to a normal schedule (and sleeping pattern.) Therefore, I'll have structured blogging time instead of just adding stuff whenever I'm too bored to do anything else.

Hopefully this blog will be worth my effort. I'll work to consistently provide quality content, if the four of so of you* who end up reading this can give me your support.

*This might be a generous estimate.

My victory lap is coming up soon.

Join me on the journey.

A note on the title: Unfortunately, I can't take complete credit for the term "Victory Lapping." I actually heard it first from an acquaintance, Caitlin, who completed her fifth and final year at UO in spring 2010 and currently works in the admissions office in the SOM. I loved the phrase and even started using it myself when I told people that I would be sticking around for the 2011-2012 school year. Just thought I'd give credit where credit is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment