Friday, August 12, 2011

Money.

It’s what I want.

But, I have the opposite.

Thanks to the fact that 1) I get paid once a month; 2) most of my last paycheck went to my roommate to pay him back for the apartment deposits and other stuff from before I started my job (basically the result of horrible timing); 3) that left me with about $425 to get through the rest of the month; and 4) my grandmother managed to put the incorrect address on two envelopes in a row, so the money I would have had earlier this week is partially going toward ensuring that my U-Box rent payment doesn’t bounce and partially being sat on by the US Postal Service.

Meanwhile, I have a missing library book that’s collecting late fees because I can’t afford to go in, report the book as lost and then pay the cost in full right there at the counter. And won’t be able to for a few weeks. Which means…another block on my library account as I wait for the post office to give me my damn envelope.

I also had anticipated having a working bicycle right about now. However, last week I walked outside, intending to ride to work, and found the flattest tire I’ve ever seen. Not only can I currently not afford to buy a new tube, but the tires themselves need replacing - they’re the original tires on a late 1970s Univega, so I’m not really that surprised that they’re stripped - and both brake cables are completely shot. Fixing all of those things at once, including labor, will be at least $75ish. Which is more than I have at the moment, or at least until I get paid. Which…isn’t for two more weeks.

Sigh…askdfhakluhfklabshlkdfjbhasdkljfhaskdfa.

No comments:

Post a Comment