Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cool crockpot site!

My roommate put my pork ribs in the crock pot and then set it on low before going to bed. I remembered this occurrence right before I had planned to go to bed, walked into the kitchen, and saw dinner still cooking on the counter.

Not wanting to turn the crock pot off prematurely (what if the food's not done yet?) and then wait for it to cool before putting it in the fridge, and yet slightly uneasy at the prospect of something cooking while no one's awake to keep an eye on things, I hit the interwebs for anything that would assuage my fear of leaving anything in the kitchen on overnight, I ran across this site.

It's a message board that has lots of recipes and tips for crock pot cooking. As a college student, I find a crock pot to be absolutely indispensable for having hearty, warm dinners at the end of busy days. I can put together a pot of chicken noodle soup or make some pulled pork, start it in the morning and then leave it all day until I get home.

Proof that ramen isn't always the answer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment